THE FORMATION OF THE MARINE FISHERIES SECTION IN 1979
A PETITION CALL FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A MARINE FISHERIES SCIENCE SECTION OF THE AMERICAN FISHERIES SOCIETY
As required by Article Vi, paragraph 4, of the Constitution of the American Fisheries Society, the following declare themselves to be active members in good standing and do hereby petition that the American Fisheries Society at its annual meeting in West Yellowstone, Montana, September 1979, endorse the formation of a Marine Fisheries Section within the American Fisheries Society.
The scope and objectives of the proposed Marine Fisheries Science Section are as follows:
- To maintain an association of scientists involved in marine fisheries
- To promote the exchange of information relative to marine fisheries science
- To focus attention on marine fisheries problems and help improve the ability of marine fisheries scientists to provide solutions
- To conduct workshops and projects, to collect and assemble information for publication and distribution
- To establish and maintain a registry of marine fisheries scientists to provide a source of contacts for specific areas of expertise
Click here to view the list of founding members.